Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: what the ??  (Read 1497 times)

Offline crazycoyne

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
what the ??
« on: December 27, 2004, 09:12:33 PM »
 ??? MRI tells me
1. baker's cyst (small)
2. edema in my at pad
3. laterally place patella

MRI in response to severe knee dislocation on 10/8, chronic pain, pinching feeling in knee, and the feeling that something is preventing me from straighting my knee - like being snapped forward.
Could arthroscopic surgery or other surgrery help.  I have already completed PT.   ???

Offline MedicJess

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • links to post-op pics here too
Re: what the ??
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 07:58:49 AM »
Not exactly sure what the Baker's cyst is, though I have heard of it before.

As far as the edema goes..that's not uncommon at all. Edema is just medical-ese for swelling. Any knee that has sustained trauma/injury is going to have edema and depending on the extent of that injury, sometimes the edema never really clears up 100% I show the same on my MRIs.

As far as a laterally placed patella... there are numerous approaches to this problem. Obviously you've already taken then PT route. Have you tried Mconnell (sp?) taping? If every other route has been exhausted, there are several surgeries that can remedy the problem depending on several factors. I'd reccomend that you check out the Patello-Femoral section as it has a TON of threads on the mal-aligned patella. Lateral releases, TTT's, Fulkersons... all of those can also address the issue.

Jessie
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 07:59:27 AM by MedicJess »
4/96 - sports accident involving LK
6/96- LK scope and "chondromalacia", patellar chondroplasty,
ongoing- bilateral PFS, osteoarthritis, patella alta
12/04- LK LR and TTT
03/25/05 - LK scar tissue removal, patellar chondroplasty, and limited synovectomy for extreme synovitis

Offline ProfLiebstrom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • fin
Re: what the ??
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 02:51:46 PM »
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/html/dictionary/bakers_cyst.html

That tell's you about the bakers cyst :p