Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: CAN'T SIT-NEED HELP AND ADVICE  (Read 1269 times)

Offline JAZZYMYRa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
CAN'T SIT-NEED HELP AND ADVICE
« on: December 21, 2004, 01:18:05 AM »
i HAVE HAD MY IMMOBILIZER ON MY LEFT LEG FOR 3 AND A HALF WEEKS- I STILL CANT EVEN SIT AT MY DESK FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES- SO UNCOMFORTABLE. START TO FEEL A PULL IN MY BACK FROM KEEPING MY LEFT LEG( THAT IS THE ONE IN THE IMMOBILIZER) UP ON A STOOL- START TO ALSO FEEL PULL IN THE LIGAMENTS IN MY GROIN AREA/
ANY IDEAS- HELP- I HAVE TO GET BACK TO WORK AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW I AM GOING TO IF I CAN'T EVEN SIT AT A DESK.

shadehawk

Re: CAN'T SIT-NEED HELP AND ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 01:25:52 AM »
Have you tried using a pillow on the stool, that might help you out some.

Offline chris941

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 01:33:05 AM »
what i did that worked really well was get a little padded stole, not exactly level, but a little lower, not elevated, and I could sit there for hours, I think when your leg is constantly elevated, it does start to tighten and it would become uncomfortable, and i would also take some over the counter painkillers which should help you immensely. good luck bud
Chris

brattkids2

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 03:58:26 AM »

I know the immobilizer and sitting are a pain in the ummm well you know!!  ;D

My desk at home has a small shelf underneath and I put a small pillow on it and put my immobilized leg up on it.
It wasnt level like Chris said but a bit lower. It helped take the pressure off the lower back and the groin area.

Have a great Holiday
Paulette

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 01:23:33 AM »
have you tried just wiggling your foot a little, your toes and stuff, try to keep things loosened up. You'll probably have to play with it a little, find the most compfortable, if you use something to support the whole leg, and not just the foot or lower part...that might be an idea, to support everything, that should help take some of the strain off of the groin area as well. :-/ Hope that helps...how frustrating
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

support