Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Just when you think it might be getting better  (Read 1224 times)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Just when you think it might be getting better
« on: February 08, 2005, 12:28:47 AM »
WHAM!!!!!! Here I was thinking that at least my good knee was settling down,,,,,,,,, It all starts again and even worse than before. My daughter and I went to a gymnastics competition this weekend. We were only there for 4 hrs. I kept my knees straight most of the time. I alternated walking, standing and sitting. I knew I was hurting but had no idea how bad it would get. For the last two days I have been taking pain pills 24/7 and wearing my braces on both knees and my right ankle My heating pad is also getting lots of use. I am so frustrated and depressed.  I didnt DO  anything to hurt like this. What am I going to do when I have to go to my daughters dance competitions that last 8-12 hrs a day for 2 days in a row? I wont be able to walk. On top of all this, hubby is out of town again for work and I just cant seem to motivate to do anything., My house is a mess and i just dont have the heart to clean it. I soooooooooo want to just sleep all day and be left alone Just moving hurts,,,,,, i dont even have to have weight on my legs and it hurts to move. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry for the rant but I just need to get this off my chest and no one is home to talk to and they dont understand when I try to explain my feelings. I am just sooooooo tired of hurting all the time. It wears you down. sorry to be so depressing but at least you guys understand.
thanks for letting me vent.
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Just when you think it might be getting better
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:14:11 AM »
Hi Missy!
Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. You don't deserve it!!
Have you tried wearing your braces while your at your daughter's stuff? Maybe this would help support your knees.
Hope you find some relief!
~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR† R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR† L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 02:23:04 PM »
Missy, I'm so sorry that you had such a flare-up to your day at the gym!† You don't deserve to have so much pain, itís not fair you try to be a good parent and end up in so much pain you can hardly take care of yourself.

Erin's idea about wearing your braces is a good one. Also, do you take anti inflam's?† Make sure you take them as directed on days that you will be out, start fighting the inflammation before it takes hold.† †Is it possible to use Ice once or twice during the day?† Take some pain pills also. We all know that its easier to keep pain away than it is to get rid of it once it takes hold.† Do you have pain meds that can handle the level of pain you have?† If nor see if you can get some for emergencies like this.† You arenít doing your family a lot of good in your present condition.

Sending you a BUNCH OF HUGS GRAB ONE ANY TIME YOU NEED A HUG!
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85†
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR† Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 02:55:52 PM »
Hey Missy !!

Why do always the worst pain come when you don't need it ?! That's a question we really should need an answer for isn't it ?! Sorry, but I have no answer for it.
Just feel sorry that you are worse right now. This competitions are they long from home, must you stay there all time ? Bring a little chair or something you can put up your legs on. Try also rest,ice and elevate so much you can the days before.
Can you get cortizoneinjections to ease the pain with from your doc ?
I'm out of ideas,sorry for that. Wish I could do more for you.
Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 03:03:20 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I did take a pain pill before I went and I wear my braces all the time. I guess that is why I am so frustrated. I try to do everything right and then it still jumps up and gets me.There is no way to prop my legs up high but i did have them out straight and stood up and walked alot. The dance competitions are a long way away. I have no choice but to be there for the entire time. If I took enough drugs to stop the pain,,,,well, i would be a zombie. LOL
I have a prescription for bextra but to be honest, i am afraid to take it. I do not need a heart attack on top of bad legs LOL. It has been three days since the gym and I am still feeling bad. UGH, this stinks. If I had been doing some of the gymnastics I could understand it but I just watched. everyone imagine a huge SCREAM  right about now.
oh well, thanks for all the suggestions and good wishes.
hope everyone has a pain free day
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia