Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Friction in my knees  (Read 639 times)

Offline LisaXC

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Friction in my knees
« on: December 11, 2004, 01:42:56 AM »
A month or 2 ago I hurt my knees bikeriding. I think the problem was that my seat was too low, and it gradually got worse and worse.

Anyway, I went to an orthopedist on Dec. 1st and he didn't seem too worried about it. He said something is inflamed, but I can't remember what it was. He did tell me not to ride or do squats, since it hurts only when it's bearing weight. But that I could continue doing everything else.  He also told me to do leg raises while lying down (which I haven't been doing as often as I should be).
He said he wanted to see me in 2 months...I was hoping it would be fully recovered way before that.  I'm really starting to miss my bike, and soon the weather is gonna get really bad for biking.

So i was wondering...  It doesn't seem to hurt anymore. But it's definitely inflamed still, b/c when I life my leg up and bend the knee all the way, my right knee still has a lot of friction, and my left knee still has a little bumpy thing that springs out on the side. But it doesn't hurt. So I'm wondering why the inflammation isn't going away at all. Would Motrin help speed up the healing process? Is there anything else I can do for it? I thought it would be getting better by now, but I really don't notice a difference in the squeekiness.

Thanks for any help.