Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee reconstruction surgery  (Read 1787 times)

Offline tsanford07

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
knee reconstruction surgery
« on: December 07, 2004, 11:05:10 PM »
My doctor has decided not to do knee cap removal or replacement.  He wants to do reconstruction surgery if anyone has this surgery please let me know.  I'm interested in length of recovery, type of therapy, how life has been since.

Thanks
Tara

Offline Jennie82

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: knee reconstruction surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 02:21:19 AM »
Hi Tara

I am not sure of your history with knee probs..I would assume its from tracking problems so I am just gonna guess...

When I first came to KneeGuru last year I was faced with scheduling a kneecap removal (patellectomy) and ended up having a reconstruction. My OS redone everything in my knee and ended up using a cadaver achilles tendon to make a sling to hold my kneecap in :o

I am not going to lie it was a painful surgery and it was alot of rehab but it was well worth it! It took care of my tracking problems after a failed TTT and now I only have arthritis to worry about!

I was in PT for close to a year and went back to work in November after surgery in May because I could not stand up for long periods of time b/c my knee and whole leg was so weak! But all in all I would do it again b/c now my kneecap stays put!

Good luck and I hope you do great!
Jennie
6 R. Knee surgeries. Car accident in 2001
Torn ACL,MCL,PCL
Dislocated kneecap, currently suffering from OA and awaiting hopefully what will be the final surgery....a TKR...at 22!!!