Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL Surgery - The right surgeon  (Read 1198 times)

Offline nfarkhondeh

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
ACL Surgery - The right surgeon
« on: December 05, 2004, 02:29:32 PM »
I hope you guys can help out here with your experience. I've had a complete rupture of my ACL and torn both lateral and medial menisci after a football injury. I am looking for the best sports surgeon in London. I play semi-pro and would like to get back to playing football as soon as possible, but more importantly, I want to recover well and as soon as possible from this bad injury. Choice of surgeon is so hard and so subjective. At the moment, I am booked in for surgery next week with a Mr Andrew Davies at St Thomas/Lister. He comes recommended as a good surgeon, but so do others. To be honest most have recommended Mr Andrew Williams at Wellington, but he seems to be tied up for a while. I dont mind waiting to have the surgery with him, but if anyone has had surgery done by Andrew Davies, it would be great to hear from you about how the surgery went and what you thought of him (as a surgeon). I know each case is different, but some comfort would be good before I go into something like this. Thanks a lot!  ???