Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee pain when...  (Read 799 times)

Offline brammp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain when...
« on: December 03, 2004, 07:56:38 AM »
Alright, first, I have an appt set up with an OS next Wednesday to take a look at my knee, but thought I'd try here first to see if I can get a jump on the diagnosis.

When sitting in a chair and crossing my right leg over my left, I get very sharp pain in my right knee.  Now, when I say crossing, I mean my right ankle is on my left thigh.  The pain is so bad I can't keep that position for very long.  The pain gets worse if I apply a little downward pressure to the knee.  If I keep it crossed that way for a while, I find it very hard to straighten out that leg.

Other than that, I can walk/squat/climb stairs/etc... just fine with no pain.

Thoughts?

Phil

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee pain when...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 08:56:17 AM »
Hey !!

If you sit with your feet on the ground a longer time gives that any problem ? Cause the way you sit now if it's only that avoid sit so in that case. Not easy to sya what it is.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline brammp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee pain when...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 05:22:46 PM »
Sitting down normally with my feet on the ground causes no pain or trouble straightening out my knee.  Just when I apply that sort of "twisting" to the knee as is done when I cross my leg.  I should note that I can do this on my left side without problems and that this pain just started in the past two weeks.

Phil

support