Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What could this injury be?? Thanks so much!!  (Read 988 times)

Offline FelineFine

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
What could this injury be?? Thanks so much!!
« on: December 01, 2004, 10:01:59 PM »
     Back in April I fell onto a concrete sidewalk while carrying a large basket. As I tried not to drop the basket, it turned out all the impact went on my right knee. It was quite an impact as my knee caught the brunt of my weight on the concrete as I fell. Within 24 hours my knee ( right ) had swollen and was EXTREMELY sensitive to any contact with any surface ( bathtub ) , etc. It felt as if I must have fluid bulit up around the knee. I could not even crawl get into my bed on my knees without intense pain on the affected knee.  :o

This VERY uncomfortable and painful sensitivity seemed to manifest when ANY pressure was put on the knee. That went on for weeks, but the pain did lessen and swelling went down. Now, Dec. 1, it seems to still ache regularly and sensation - wise feels somewhat like a fracture. The pain an aches seem to center on the  center of my knee, on the inner area next to my left leg.

I am unemployed and my insurance had run out when the accident happened. I hoped it would heal itself. Any ideas?

Thank you very much!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 10:03:49 PM by FelineFine »

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: What could this injury be?? Thanks so much!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 10:09:46 PM »
You obviously need to get some medical attention. Sorry you don't have any insurance, but even so, you don't want to let this go on untreated. Whatever has happened has not healed itself, and may be causing additional damage. I wouldn't fool around with it any longer. At least get it checked out and find out what your treatment options are.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 03:53:38 AM »
I agree with Janet, while you are un insured, it's important to get this seen to, it's been more than 6 months now ... and it hasn't healed so it's time to ge tit taken care of.
Goodluck
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline imnotpunk

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • stupid knee!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 04:41:01 AM »
Unfortunately, I agree with both Janet and Linds. It's been FAR too long since your accident, and you're still not feeling much better? I wouldn't be able to tell you what type of injury you have, but I would advise you to get some sort of medical treatment for your pain. It does sound like there's something wrong, and you really should get it checked out. Even if you could go to your primary physician, that would be great.

Patricia
R knee:
08/03-meniscal repair, LR
01/04-MUA, LOA
03/04-MUA
08/04-patellar tendon reconstruct. w/hamstring, menisci repairs, lateral/medial releases
10/04-MUA, LOA, debride., marsupialization, lateral release
12/04-MUA, LOA, meniscectomy
L knee:
09/05-meniscectomy, chondroplasty, microfracture

Offline SigSauer5150

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 07:39:01 AM »
I agree with the ladies about its time to get it seen, the longer you wait, the more damage that could be caused by not getting it taken care of! And as for the insurance, If you cant take care of the bills, its a greattt likelyhood that the state or the county you reside in WILLLLL pick up the bill. I know this to be true in california! Who knows if all the other Counties and States have programs for folks with no insurance! Gooooooood Luck and hope the knee feels better!
1996 R-knee hyperextension/meniscus tear 2004 L-knee scope/meniscal tear and thermal shrinking