Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: HELP... please... 5 days post ACL PCL PLC Recon  (Read 820 times)

Offline ah_tse

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
HELP... please... 5 days post ACL PCL PLC Recon
« on: December 01, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »
hi fellas... i m from singapore... injured my right knee during soccer a few yrs back... juz had my ACL PCL n PLC recon done 5 days ago... being suffering from depression since i m confined to my bed since i was discharged...

have a few questions hope u guys are able to help thanks...

1) how long will it take for me to regain normal function of my leg? coz my physio say its harder for pple who have multiple ligaments injuries...

2) how long before i can drive? been itching to go out...

3) will i suffer another tear if i exert too much during my rehab?

thanks guys...

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: HELP... please... 5 days post ACL PCL PLC Reco
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 09:33:51 PM »
I had an ACL and PLC reconstruction almost 3 years ago.  The surgeon that did mine actually developed the procedure for reconstructing the PLC.  Rehab is extremely conservative for this type of surgery because you really only get one shot at it.  If the reconstruction fails, the chances are very slim that any other procedure will repair the damage.  

For me, I was released to play soccer at exactly 18 months post-op which is the absolute miniumum time my OS would release anyone to sports.  I started running at 10 months post-op.  I was able to drive at 3 months post-op, much against my PT and OS's instructions.  I got so fed up with not being able to drive, I just went for a drive one day just to show myself that I could.  

I would be very carefull in rehab and be patient.  It takes a while, but the way your knee will feel after everything is over with will be worth it.

Feel free to IM me if you have any further questions.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline ah_tse

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: HELP... please... 5 days post ACL PCL PLC Reco
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 09:44:53 PM »
wow... 3 mths to drive... isnt it a bit long... damned... i hope to get back behind my wheels in abt a month... with christmas n my birthday around the corner...

any chances of tt happening???