Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: fat pad removal  (Read 819 times)

Offline jasmine_1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
fat pad removal
« on: November 30, 2004, 08:04:57 PM »
Hello I have experianced a type of locking of my knee when I have suddenly tried to extend it since I was a child.the attacks have become less frequent but more painfull with me being unable to move my leg due to pain for up to 5 hours.After the last episode I had an mri scan which showed nothing.3 days ago I had an arthroscopy from which I am recovering with minimal pain ,I was told that the inside of my knee was ok but that they have removed a large fat pad -but it was noted this was not the cause of the locking!As I will not see the surgeon again for 2 months has anyone got any information as to why it was removed or had similiar symptoms as I seem to be a medical mystery.thankyou.  ???

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Re: fat pad removal
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 05:34:42 PM »
I doubt that this will help much but I had a large portion of my fat pad removed in July 04 due to scar tissue. Scar tissue had covered it and filled underneath my knee cap. The result was that when I bent my knee, the fat pad would get caught between the bones (major ouch).
My OS left the healthy part of the fat pad and the only difference that I have noticed is that the pain of the fat pad getting pinched is gone. I dont know how much he left in there (or how big the thing is anyway) but I am doing fine after losing part of mine.
good luck

PS, can you not call him and ask your questions? 2 months to get answers is a long time.Or better yet, call the hospital and get your surgery records, maybe that will give you the answers you want.

Missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: fat pad removal
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 10:11:38 PM »
Is it really true that you won't see your doctor for two months following surgery? That doesn't seem right. At any rate, I agree that you should get a copy of your surgical notes.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.