Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: How many OS's can I go to?  (Read 911 times)

Offline Jennie82

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
How many OS's can I go to?
« on: November 29, 2004, 10:33:10 PM »
I am in god awful pain with my knee (as usual) and I am fed up! I have been to 3 OS's total and I am NOT satisified with my current OS he has NO bedside manner and treats me as though I am an inconvience and I am tired of it! He told me not to come back until I was ready for my TKR!!! >:( I need help...should I go to someone else and if so what should I tell the new OS the reasoning was behind leaving this OS ???

PLEASE HELP!

Jennie
6 R. Knee surgeries. Car accident in 2001
Torn ACL,MCL,PCL
Dislocated kneecap, currently suffering from OA and awaiting hopefully what will be the final surgery....a TKR...at 22!!!

brattkids2

Re: How many OS's can I go to?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 12:14:58 AM »
If you have insurance I think it would be up to them how many opinions you can get before you have to pay for the office visit yourself.

If you dont like your current OS I would find another. Try telling insurance company you are not comfortable with him and you would like to see another. Most are willing to help you.

Best of luck to you
Paulette

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 06:40:16 AM »
Jennie,

If you don't like your current OS definitely find another one. I'm on my 8th or 9th OS at this point and I just had to keep going to different doctors until I found one who actually listened to me and didn't just blow me off as an inconvenience to him. All you have to tell a new OS is that you left the other one because you just didn't feel like he was the right one for you. You could tell the new OS the truth about why you left the old doctor but if you don't feel comfortable doing that just tell them that you wanted an opinion from someone new. Good luck!

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Jennie82

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 06:55:48 PM »
Thanks for all of your help! I just called and made an appt. with my grandmothers OS which is a wonderful doctor! I am selfpay so about the only good thing that comes out of that is I do not have to hassle with the insurance company to get an appt.!

I will let you all know what I find out! I know I am gonna have to have a TKR sooner or later I just would like to soothe the pain right now with injections like I have been doing rather than undergoing my 7th knee surgery right now!

We'll see :P

Wishing you all good pain free knee days!
Jennie
6 R. Knee surgeries. Car accident in 2001
Torn ACL,MCL,PCL
Dislocated kneecap, currently suffering from OA and awaiting hopefully what will be the final surgery....a TKR...at 22!!!

Offline Beth_T

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Knees - who came up with the idea?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:35:37 PM »
Jennie

Glad you made the choice to see another OS.  let us know how it goes

Beth
Had a not needed LR op due to a fall
Found out that nerve damage was causing the pain, acupuncture worked - all ok :)

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 08:53:41 PM »
jennie..we've all been there..sad to say it takes a few to find the right doc..i'm glad u stuck to your guns and located someone who can help u..

hugs

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues