Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Stitches/staples  (Read 863 times)

Offline islandgirl2

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Stitches/staples
« on: November 29, 2004, 08:24:10 PM »
Do they hurt?  I'm getting mine taken out tomorrow, and for some reason, I am cringing at the thought. The knee is still sore and slightly swollen and sort of bruised looking.  It's like 12 days after surgery.

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Stitches/staples
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 09:58:43 PM »
Don't fret, I've had both staples and stiches removed; if the Doctor of nurse are good at it you hardly feel a thing.  Sometimes there is a pinch, but I have not found it ever to be painfull.  But everyone's reaction is different.  :-*

I wish you the kindest most skilled person to remove your staples and stiches and a speady recovery. 8)

Many Hugs
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline islandgirl2

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 10:19:07 PM »
Thanks Rozzie, how sweet of you!

I shouldn't be fussing because I've been in worse pain before (back injury, had two babies etc) ;D  I guess it's just that I'd like to feel NO MORE PAIN with my knees for awhile, huh?

You did help though. :-*

Offline SigSauer5150

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 09:55:22 PM »
Neither hurt realllllllllly bad, but when i had my staples taken out and there were 20, My Dr's nurse who rocks, let me take them out myself after she showed me how....that way i wouldnt move and make it hurt more! it was pretty cool, she just wanted me to leave like 1 in each keyhole so that the Dr could say he was the one that actualyl finished the job!
Good luck
J
1996 R-knee hyperextension/meniscus tear 2004 L-knee scope/meniscal tear and thermal shrinking

support