Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Meniscus?? Back of Knee Hurts  (Read 1011 times)

Offline jlglenmore

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Meniscus?? Back of Knee Hurts
« on: November 27, 2004, 05:14:17 PM »
Hi,

Physio told me I had a slight tear in miniscus.  Hurts back of knee but isn't swollen...Gets sorer as I keep walking...How long does it take to get better??? Anything I can do besides hamstring stretches??

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: Meniscus?? Back of Knee Hurts
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 08:24:22 PM »
My PT discovered a small tear in my meniscus as well.  And it also hurt in the back of my knee, he said to just keep up the strength exercises i was already doing for my knee.  About 4 weeks after that I stopped feeling the pain.  I really didn't do anything special, my OS said small tears will just heal up on their own.  Good luck.

~patti
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 08:26:37 PM »
Oh I just thought of one thing, my PT did say that healing also depends on your age, your meniscus gets harder or something the older you are.  So the younger you are the easier it heals.  Anyway if you are young i wouldn't worry about it too much, otherwise maybe look up specific exercises and techniques to help in healing.
~Patti
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

ariel

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 08:14:49 AM »
That's roughly what I've got, with the same pain coming from the back of the knee and spreading down the back of my calf - my advice - don't exacerbate it with jogging/running/high impact activity - steer well clear of those - just do gentle straight-leg extensions etc and try and keep your quads in shape for now - and try and find out from your doctor etc the full extent of the injury before returning to sport.

BTW - how did you injure your knee?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 08:18:46 AM by ariel »

support