Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Feeling Blue and Hurting  (Read 1494 times)

Offline 2soreknees

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Feeling Blue and Hurting
« on: November 27, 2004, 03:28:20 AM »
I am 8 days post op.  I had a medial meniscal tear trimmed, cartilage removed and microfractures in three different places (patello-femoral area). I expeced it to hurt and swell and bruise which it has.  The problem I am having is that it hurts A LOT.  I am on time-released Oxycotin which takes the edge off as long as I don't move around.  I'm allowed to be weight bearing as tolerated but I can't put my foot down without wanting to scream.   I have absolutely no stamina.  I spend my day doing my exercises and sitting with my leg in the CPM machine. I don't want to appear as a whiner.  I am beginning to wonder if I have a low pain tolerance and if I can be a bit tougher I can get through this.  I have had microfractures before but I don't remember the pain being this bad.
OK I'm through complaining.   I knew you guys would understand my frustration.
Let me know if you have any words of wisdom.

Tery
2/02 (R)arthro. meniscus tear, microfractures, grade 4 chondro. under patella.
TTT/LR on (L) 3/03. 
11/04 Arthro (R) MF
4/06 (L) clean up and trim back scar tissue from LR
11/06 (R) HTO
8/08 (R) Hardware removalMFR
8/09 L microfactures
12/09 LTKR
11/11 R TKR and last knee surgery!

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: Feeling Blue and Hurting
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 04:18:11 AM »
I do know how you feel, recovering from surgery is not fun, and it hurts so much you wonder if you'll ever feel normal again.  The best advice i can give you is to keep reminding yourself that you will feel better, it just takes time.  Just relax and focus only on getting better!  Good luck and take care of yourself!

~Patti
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

brattkids2

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 04:41:47 AM »
I had microfractures in April and they did hurt bad.

I was NWB for 4 weeks with mine though. I was suprised to hear that you were weight bearing. I guess all OS have different standards.

I think it was about 10 days before I started feeling  a bit of relief. If it still hurts on Monday I would call the OS.

Dont worry about complaining thats what we are hear for to help each other!!!!!

Hope you get some relief soon.
Paulette

Offline islandgirl2

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 08:21:30 AM »
I would NOT put any weight on your leg for a couple more days and let it heal.  I tried weight bearing on the 4th day and was in agony.  I started trying again (ever so gently) yesterday, and it ached some, but not as much.  I let up after that and didn't try again until tonight.  The ache was less.  Today is my 9th day post op and I intend to listen to my leg pain and back off.  I'm exercising in bed though, and again, I am not over doing.  

You're not whining.  Have a good cry.  Use some colourful language if needed.  Get mad at everyone and everything.  Even wish your OS could have similar surgery.  Then have some chocolate.  Watch a movie.  Call a friend.  You'll feel so much better ;D  Take care, and best of luck :-*