Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL Brace for snowboarding, Legend any good?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline teched

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
ACL Brace for snowboarding, Legend any good?
« on: November 25, 2004, 05:26:29 PM »
Hi there everyone,

This is my first time on this site and its just what I have been looking for.

I brew my left knee ACL out about 1 1/2 years ago. I had minor surgery to find out the damage and was told that the ligament had totally gone. Now I have been strengthening my knee using 'stand on one leg and flex the knee exercises' and the use of a good wobble board. But still if is not the strongest thing in the world.

If my knee goes again I will have to think about a reconstruction.

I use a 'McDavid 425 Ligament Knee Support' for squash but the elastic is beginning to go and it is not as stable as it was.

I am going snowboarding in 3 weeks. I was wondering if some of you guys/gals could give me recommendations for a knee brace that would give a lot of support for my holiday.

I have a 200 to spend on it. But could probably increase that if needed.

Any help would grately be appreciated.

Many thanks

Eddy

EDIT:
Two weeks and counting before I go snowboarding. Cheapest brace I could find was a The DonJoy SE-4 Legend&#8482; Knee Brace $315 about 167.

I may fork out the extra money and get a DonJoy Traditional Legend $499 about 264.

Emailed a few clinics and and its 400-600 for off the shelf ones!!!!

Can someone who has had a Legend give me a quick review on it ?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 04:56:25 PM by teched »

Offline livanios

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
the legend
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 07:20:50 AM »
i just tore my ACL in half i dont snowboard or anything like that but um i hear that the legend has proven do perform pretty well for skiiing and snowboarding i guess its used for the olympic team or some important ski team its just that that stuff costs alot and u wanna pick the right one... yea same thing with me, good luck

support