Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: still bruised after a year  (Read 1214 times)

Offline khersh

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
still bruised after a year
« on: November 24, 2004, 09:13:10 PM »
last year i was in a car accident, mri said I had trabecular microfracture had knee scoped, nothing wrong had 3 mri's nothing wrong but it still hurts and i still have bruise.  Two dif os said they dont know what it is or why, I am not crazy but thousands of dollars later, I dont know is just not acceptable

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: still bruised after a year
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 12:35:29 AM »
Hey !!

Waht else have been done ? Have you done any phys, got any antiinflammatories or other meds, cortizoneinjections or other treatments ?
Please give us more info.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline khersh

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »
Yes, I have had phys therapy, (about 4 mos)aqua thereapy2 mos, started out with relafen 3x a day and went to viox, only one month and 800 mg motrin at least 4 xs a day.  I also had ultra soundtx elect stim with a 10s unit, that was the same days as my phys therapy.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 03:44:06 PM »
Hey !!

If things aren't improving and you feel this is totally wrong maybe you even should get a third opinion or go back and talk to the "old" docs and say I'm not better.
Did any of them mention how long they thought this should take or if they discovered any things they thought you can live with ?
Don't give up cause if you don't get better there's something wrong, no matter what they told you.
So go get help either form the "old" docs or from a third opinion, a new doc.
Wish you luck !! If there's something I can do to help please let me know.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline khersh

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 05:26:01 AM »
yes, I thought about going back to my old doc, but I still have to go back to work on the first.  I dont mind that but the pain when I get hom is horrible, vicodin, loracet, narco, they all make my heart pound to fast so sleep is virtually impossible for me, I take tylenol pm to sleep at night but it makes the mornings rough and i have to stop taking it for weeks at a time to let it begin to work in my system again properly.  I am not a huge pain pill fan never have been but I am not looking forward to the pain after 12 hours on my feet as a nurse aide.  I still have not tried the neurotin, I am very sceptical now that nerve damage has been ruled out.  To many side effects.  My bone is so sore and still bruised what do you recomend nettan?

Offline Jennie82

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 07:09:06 PM »
If I were you I would call my OS back...something is just not right!

I was also involved in a car accident in 2001 and tore 3 ligaments and dislocated my kneecap and I had this HUGE bruise on the back of my knee for a year and they had no idea what is was...it finally went away after one of my surgeries.

I read what you said about not being a fan of pain pills and believe me I felt the same way when I had my accident...I worked in pharmacy as a tech and swore I would never take anything stronger than a vioxx but after standing on my feet 9+ hours a day and having knee surgery after surgery I finally gave into my OS and let him prescibe me Ultram (a godsend)

Its like he told me when I was putting up a fight about it, I mean I would not even take pain pills post op b/c I seen druggies and what they acted like but he said they don't take them for pain and another thing is your body cannot heal if you are in pain so sometimes we just have to take something to help ease the pain so our bodies can heal and function!

I hope you find some relief soon

Good Luck
Jennie
6 R. Knee surgeries. Car accident in 2001
Torn ACL,MCL,PCL
Dislocated kneecap, currently suffering from OA and awaiting hopefully what will be the final surgery....a TKR...at 22!!!