Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: job  (Read 922 times)

Offline merron

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
job
« on: November 24, 2004, 05:14:57 PM »
having my cartilage been taken out will that stop me getting in the army? Enen though it is now 100%

Offline goose

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • Jennifer Linforth, Author
Re: job
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 06:58:58 PM »
Wouldn't think so.  At least I was never told that from the recruiters I spoke to when I was going to pursue my Navy career... (went a different direction though)

Check with them.

Goose
RK-LR 1988
RK-LR 1999, chondromalacia, torn cartlidge removed, debridement
LK-LR 2002, chondromalacia
LK 11/2004 diagonstic scope, lesion removed, debridement
LK-TTT 12/8/2004

brattkids2

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 01:38:17 AM »
I wouldnt think so either as long as you are able to pass the physical and are 100%.

Best of luck to you
Paulette

Offline maxfactor

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 08:26:37 PM »
It's been 22yrs but I got into the Navy with bilateral patellectomy. I passed all the physicals to get in and had a note from my doc. They kicked me out of boot camp with only 2 weeks left because I couldn't run 2 miles. They had me on a bike instead, (they called it a chit) which was working out perfectly, until a captain saw my scars and threw me out.  I was devastated, but everything happens for a reason. I know if I could've run, they would've never noticed. Best of luck to you!!

Jane
12 knee surgeries. bilateral patellectomy 22yrs ago. chronic pain, major narcotics. Still looking for help with pain. 42yrs old.

Offline SigSauer5150

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 12:03:24 PM »
Hey there,
In 98 I was going to go into the service, however after I informed my recruiter that i had a meniscus tear 2 years earlier, they never called again. Knee's aparently are a big thing. I asked my Cousin who is in the Army and in Iraq about the reserves, and he said im no even a slight candidate anymore. So id say no, the Service is quite strict these days!
1996 R-knee hyperextension/meniscus tear 2004 L-knee scope/meniscal tear and thermal shrinking