Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tery's Post Op  (Read 1599 times)

Offline 2soreknees

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Tery's Post Op
« on: November 21, 2004, 03:32:27 AM »
Hi guys.  I am still pretty high from the pain killers so if I ramble please bear with me.

Well I made it.  My pre-surgery anxiety was well founded.  My knee was much worse than anticipated.  He took lots of pictures that show much torn cartilage and many areas of bone poking through.  He did  microfractures hoping to get me a few more years until a TKR.  
My OS is such a sweet man.  He came to recovery and told me that I "was dealt a raw deal" in the knee area.  Said it was a mess and he did everything he could to help it.  BLess him.
The surgerye experience itself was very pleasant.  It took place at an outpatient clinic that just does orthopedics.  Everyone I had contact with was smiling and they all made an effort to know who I was and what I was there for.  In fact at one point they had me laughing so hard I almost wet my undies (the women will understand :).  
WEll I am on the mend.  My recovery will take longer than he first anticipated due to the microfractures.  My knee is all kinds of colours and nice and swollen but the pain is tolerable with help of the meds.
It is time for me to go back to the CPM machine and to ice it some more.  I have my chocolate so I can handle it.  I guess my only gripe would be that I have a really good book I am trying to read but my ability to concentrate is 0 and I keep having to reread it.

Stay well.
Tery
2/02 (R)arthro. meniscus tear, microfractures, grade 4 chondro. under patella.
TTT/LR on (L) 3/03. 
11/04 Arthro (R) MF
4/06 (L) clean up and trim back scar tissue from LR
11/06 (R) HTO
8/08 (R) Hardware removalMFR
8/09 L microfactures
12/09 LTKR
11/11 R TKR and last knee surgery!

Offline doglady606

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: Tery's Post Op
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 04:55:36 PM »
Hi Terry,
I hope you have a speedy recovery!  I never had so much time to read, or so little inclination after my surgery.  I kept thinking, wow, I got all this time to read, but, like you said, could not concentrate enough to do it.  
Take care.
July 2004  Scope L. knee meniscus tears repaired(cut away), debridement, complete loss of articluar cartilage in medial compartment
Unispacer implant L. knee Spetember 2004
TKR right knee Nov. 08'

Offline Teresa_S

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 06:54:21 PM »
If you have time SLEEP, and pain allows it. Several weeks post op I do enjoy reading, but in the hospital, and immediately post op is sounds good but doesn't seem to work out. Actually, my grandmother was a librarian, and in our house, with 4 kids still at home, you are much more likely to find all 6 of us reading than watching tv. Teresa
On going instrumentation failure, chronic infection,
Arthroscopes Left 11 Right 2, MRSA, L TKR  ,  Revision, LR x5, Medial and lateral meniscus repair, Broken prosthesis
Osteochondral Fracture,untreated 6 mths. Revision new tkr 01-07 awaiting new hip and right knee
R TKR pending

brattkids2

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 09:45:59 PM »
Ohhhh I love "prescription" chocolate. This way the calories dont count.  LOL  ;D

Hope your recovery goes well

Paulette

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 12:15:59 AM »
Tery!

Congrats on making it of there in one piece!  I hope you have a speedy recovery!  Keep eating that chocolate, and ice often!

Many hugs,

Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)