Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Can there be more damage??  (Read 1172 times)

Offline ladybiker

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Can there be more damage??
« on: November 19, 2004, 02:42:21 AM »
Hi there:  Just a short question for you guys.  Was just wondering if you have a bone bruise of the knee joint can there also be more wrong than just what the MRI is showing.

I have still gots lots of pain and it feels like it will come out of joint if I step the wrong way.  It also feels like it is catching in the back of my knee when I stretch.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Ladybiker
Love to ride!!!

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Can there be more damage??
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 03:03:00 AM »
oh yeh..got two right now..large hematomas that impede circulation....also re-opened some of the microfractures...any time u take a good blow to the knee or leg....bone bruise can be a catch all for other things as well...a good xray or if necessary a bone scan will help properly diagnose...

good luck

ronnie

let me know if u have any more questions
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline ladybiker

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 12:17:50 AM »
Thanks Ronnie for youre reply.  I have had an MRI done and it says that the ACL(intact ACL fibers identified) MCL,PCL and the meniscis are all ok.  The sports med. doc is not sure what is causeing the other symptoms so that is why she is sending me to the OS.

If the MRI doesnt show anything with this other stuff other than  increased sygnal intensity in the lateral tibial plateau and lateral femoral condyle consistent with a bone bruise can it be something else.  I am not even sure I understand what a tibial plateau and a condyle is even.  HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks again for any help you may be able to give me.

Ladybiker
Love to ride!!!

brattkids2

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 01:20:41 AM »
MRI's can miss ALOT.

I had 3 condyle lesions on the femur bone that two MRI's missed. When I walked my leg gave out and there was a lot of pain while the leg was bent. My OS thought my acl was bad. When he went in with the scope he found the lesions.

Os describes condyle as the cartilage coating over the bones. I dont know the tech definition.

Hope this helps you

Paulette

Offline ladybiker

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 07:27:57 AM »
Hey Paullete:

Thanks for the help with definitions.  Was just wondering if the OS was able to do anything to help with the lesions or was it just left for time to heal??

Thanks again for the help.

Ladybiker.
Love to ride!!!

brattkids2

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 03:26:56 PM »
I have had two OATS (osteoarticular transfer surgery) where they take healthly cartilage from the non weight bearing portion of your knee and place it where the lesions are to grow new cartilage.

Im not sure if the lesions can heal on their own or not. Thats a good queston to ask the OS. Mine were kinda big and causing alot of pain so we decided on the OATS.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have on the proceedure.

Paulette

Offline KarenS

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 04:34:57 PM »
The bruising can heal on its own, but it takes time. This is my second experience with it, and the last time took quite awhile to completely resolve (see the "cortisone" thread). I have it in both knees, and I don't feel any instability at all -- just irritation around the kneecaps, and some deep aching (which has completely gone away now).

I've had it for seven weeks so far, and it is getting better little by little. Every week I find I can tolerate more and more.

Hope you feel better soon, and that the OS can sort out what the other symptom is from.

support