Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Having PFR Dec. 28  (Read 1712 times)

Offline kmap71

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • I hate Mornings!
Having PFR Dec. 28
« on: November 15, 2004, 12:38:53 AM »
My name is Elizabeth and I'm 33 years old.  I've been suffering with severe pain (feels like broken glass in there) in my right knee for over two years and until Friday Nov. 12, 2004, I could not find an OS to do anything about it.  I did have arthroscopy with lateral release on Oct. 30, 2002, but it did absoutely no good.  The lateral release didn't even take.  I have patellar tracking disorder, like alot of females, and have had the same surgery on my left knee.  I recovered remarkably well after the left knee arthroscopy with lateral release but not at all after the right knee.  I had the same surgeon both times.  I've had the "rooster juice" shots in my right knee, cortisone shots x5 and have had it drained twice.  I've had cortisone shots x2 in my left knee now and have had it drained twice in the last two years.  The grinding, popping and pain in my left knee is getting more and more prevalent and I'm guessing it's thanks to hobbling along with this darned right knee problem.  The x-rays show arthritis, but good alignment in the left knee, but on the right knee, the patella is tracking the same way it was before surgery and the arthritis is soooo bad.  It definitely does not look like the knee of a 33 yr. old.  I'm looking forward to finally starting my recovery after more than two years of sheer pain and would like to know what to do to make this surgery go as smoothly as possible, both before and after.  Thanks for your time and any comments or help.
booboo 1987 & 1999 Lknee, arthroscopy w/LR 1998 successful with PT
R knee deterioration 2002, arthroscopy w/LR, Hyalgan/Synvisc shots
cortisone shots in both knees
PFJR right knee 12/28/04
Left knee scope 09/06 found grade IV chondromalacia
 PFJR left knee 04/27/10

support