Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: pattela tracking  (Read 2578 times)

Offline corry

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
pattela tracking
« on: November 06, 2004, 08:02:27 PM »
hi i am 30 and recently had orthoscopic surgery to find out had tracking problem.doc told me that he clened under pattela and that pattela was in bad shape.wants me to try exercise for 4 weeks to see if this will help as i still have problems with stairs,sharp pain behinde pattela.its been 2 weeks of exercise and problem still persists.if this doesnt work what are my options.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: pattela tracking
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 08:15:13 PM »
Hey !!

I'm not so keen at this but there are several options regarding tracking problems. All depends on what tracking problem you have, how your knee looks.
There are taping,brace,pt (often longterm like 6 months or so at least) and different surgeries.
If you go down at the first site you see different places you can post at. F.i. you can make a topic at the patello-femoral joint.
So there are many options and you are just in the beginning of it all.

Hugs nettan
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Celia

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: pattela tracking
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 11:17:45 AM »
Hi Corry,  :)

I don't think I know as much as a lot of people on this site but will let you know what happened to me with almost the same problem as you're having.

I live in the U.K to start with not sure where you are.
Almost 30 year's ago I had a patelectomy on my left knee following an accident.
 About 5 years ago I started to get pain in my right knee around my knee cap, I went to see an OS and he said to do physio for about 6 weeks and that would probably solve the problem. When being examined you could feel my knee cap thumping everytime I bent my leg.

Well the pain started to get worse and became more frequent to the extent that as I drove I would have to hold my right knee because of the intense pain.

In May of this year my knee locked straight at work I wasn't doing anything when it happened just sitting at my desk.
I went in and had debridment done on 2 cartilages.

I did my own P.T. after the op and got back my full flexion things seemed okay and then about 6 weeks after the op I bent down and heard a terrible crunching sound.

Saw another O.S and this time he said I had tracking problems that my knee cap was not sitting in the grove properly and suggested some big surgery to resolve this.

September the 17th I had a Tibial Tuberosity advancement to help realign the patella I also had a lateral release and a debridement of the knee cap.
The surgeon said I had extensive knee damage and he said he also found a hole at the top of my knee joint.

He has told me I have about 10 years on this knee before I need it replaced.
I guess what I'm trying to say is don't leave knee problems the way I did.

Sorry to have rambled on a bit. Please let me know how you get on.

Take Care,
Celia.

76- Patelectomy Left knee
04- Right knee- Cartilage reapir
04- Right Knee - TTT
05- Right Knee- Harvest
05- Right Knee ACI Patella & Femoral Condyle
Right Knee- Patella Femoral Replacement - Schedule- May 06

support