Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Possible Surgery Consult tomorrow  (Read 656 times)

Offline sjugradgirl

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
    • My KneePhoto Diary
Possible Surgery Consult tomorrow
« on: November 04, 2004, 12:40:15 AM »
 I have dealt with maltracking since i was 13. i got my first surgery for maltracking when i was 14. then when i was 18 my knee cap dislocated and i tore my patellar tendon, and got surgery on that... then after that my knee has been trick knee, "jiggling" a lot adn subluxating a lot. thenabout 2 months ago my knee went out on me going down the stairs and i strained my patellar tendon again and now it just like rubber inthere.. my knee cap pops out even with partial weight baring and when I try to bend it for my PT exercises. ( if i bend it more than 30 degrees it wil subluxate)
My Pt agrees that I should have a lateral release done or something. He isn't one for surgery, but he says I have been dealing with it for too long and it worries him.  and my OS says we will probably do reallignment as well. I guess i will see when I see the OS tomorrow.  IT is my arthroscopy post op visit.  I am praying that I can schedule it.
I am just so tired of this.
95-Reallignment,
99-patellar tendon repair  LR,04-arthroscopy,chondroplasty,meniscal repair
preparing for arthroscopy, TTT, scar clean up, soft tissue repair Jan 24

Offline LesleyR

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Things will only get better from here
Re: Possible Surgery Consult tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 12:50:48 AM »
hey,
hope everything goes well with the OS and that you'll be able to schedule.  sending you my prayers and hugs

-Lesley
20 Years old
10/6/05-Plica removal left knee
2/21/09 MCL grade II tear
Avid Rugby and Ice hockey Player