Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: patellar tendon rupture, both knees  (Read 848 times)

Offline tburgoyne

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
patellar tendon rupture, both knees
« on: November 03, 2004, 12:46:12 AM »
My name is Tom.  I was a college basketball player who suffered from patellar tendonitis(tendonopathy).  As a result, In 2000 I ruptured my right patellar tendon playing ball.  Two weeks ago in October 2004, I ruptured my left patellar tendon playing basketball.  Both occurred in similar situations as I gathered myself for a strong jump to the basket, I planted and SNAP!! ruptured the tendon and dropped like a ton of bricks.  I am going through the pain of post op and anticipating the long road of rehab that comes with this injury.  If there are any new treatments or regimens out there for rehabbing this type of injury, please let me know.  If there are any physicians reading, how rare is it for a person to rupture both?  Any and all comments are appreciated.

Tom
Patellar tendon ruptures both legs, 4 years apart, playing bball both times

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: patellar tendon rupture, both knees
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:27:57 PM »
There is a long thread about patella tendon ruptures in the Patello-Femoral section (further down the main page). I'm sure you could find some answers there, or at least talk to others who have had the same injury.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.