Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: new test giving me the willies...  (Read 819 times)

Offline goose

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
    • Jennifer Linforth, Author
new test giving me the willies...
« on: November 03, 2004, 12:16:43 AM »
Hi all,

Well, my doc went to a conference last weekend  about surgeries to correct maltracking problems using me as his study case and came back with a battery of tests he was encouraged to do  by others in the field prior to my TTT on the 11th.

Tests include MRI (been there done that), Cat-Scan,(no biggie) and an arthrogram..... Anybody ever had an arthrogram? Please tell me they numb you before injecting the joing with a needle!  The tech I spoke with didn't know.  How about you other TTT survivors, have you had all these test prior to your surgery?

Thanks for your help...adding all these tests so close to the surgey date is not helping my growing heebie jeebies, but I trust my doc,

Goose
RK-LR 1988
RK-LR 1999, chondromalacia, torn cartlidge removed, debridement
LK-LR 2002, chondromalacia
LK 11/2004 diagonstic scope, lesion removed, debridement
LK-TTT 12/8/2004

Offline maxfactor

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: new test giving me the willies...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 12:57:50 AM »
I had many arthrograms years ago. I didn't think they did them anymore. It's been so long I don't remember any pain. That's probably good news. I do remember my knee squishing for a few days. Kids at school thought it was "really cool." It sounded like I was carrying a flask with liquid jumping around. Then, when I bent my leg, it sounded like passing gas (sorry). I really don't remember any pain though. I haven't had one in forever. They could be a lot different now.

Jane
12 knee surgeries. bilateral patellectomy 22yrs ago. chronic pain, major narcotics. Still looking for help with pain. 42yrs old.

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 01:33:11 AM »
Goose,

I had a battery of tests before my TTT, but not that one!  I'd ask my OS, but I don't see him until the 12th!  I've never heard of it.  Google it!  

Good luck and many hugs!

Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

Offline dawnapril2

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 02:18:26 AM »
Wow, I didn't know they did arthrograms any more either.  They used to use them 25 years ago to diagnose potential torn cartilage.  They inject a medium in the knee that shows up on x-rays.  It wasn't what I would call painful but makes your knee feel kind of like it does anytime it has too much fluid in it.  The squshy sounds are defenitely strange.  It only took a few days for it to mostly go away.

Dawn
76 Lateral meniscectomy, 78 scar tissue, 7 scopes since 1980.  Distal Femoral Osteotomy 10/11/04

support