Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Shopping for a new physiotherapist  (Read 752 times)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Shopping for a new physiotherapist
« on: November 02, 2004, 11:23:46 PM »
Hi guys, So i've decided that I need to go back to physio for this knee.  I'm in the market for a new physiotherapist, I've had the same PT for my whole life. My PT is excellent, but I feel like I need to be taken more seriously and need some real support while I am recovering from this surgery.  I don't feel that I got that at the other PT place.  So, my question is, what sort of questions shoudl I be asking, when I am shopping for a new PT???
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Shopping for a new physiotherapist
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 01:30:24 AM »
Linds,

I have an excellent PT.  He thoroughly researched my evil knee history, calls my OS regularly, explains everything, and has a PLAN to get me where I need to be on the road to recovery.  He is very understanding, and supportive!  When he is not there (since I go four times a week), his PT techs have very specific written instructions.  When you look for a PT, inform them of your knee history, and ask them what their program will be.  If they say, "I need to see your records/talk to your doctor/examine your knee..." that is a good sign.  If they give you the generic, "Well, do these exercises/it's not so bad/blah-blah-blah", run for the door.  As I recover, I notice that my PT is increased and they change my exercises- I get evaluated every three weeks.  This is by far the best PT clinic and program I have ever been in!  Best of luck, and many hugs!

Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 01:37:14 PM »
I found my new physiotherapist, I haven't met him yet, i'll meet him next week. However he seems really great, and addressed all of my concerns and frustrations and really seems prepared to help me.  This knee might come around decent afterall, though with this extension thing I really can't be sure. :-/
Thanks for your ideas Chris
Hugs
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 03:36:02 PM »
Hey Linds !!

Well, good luck then with your phys. Hope it's the one you look for and you get the pt and support you need.

Hugs nettan  ::)

Hope we can talk soon !!
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.