Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help and Advice with Pain  (Read 638 times)

Offline KellieK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Help and Advice with Pain
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:23:17 PM »
I am 29 years old and fairly active.  I go to the gym 4 days a week and use the treadmill, eliptical machine and sit down bike.  I also weight train moderately.  I had right knee arthroscopy in 2000 and have more pain now then before the surgery.  I played alot of sports when I was younger (soccer, softball and basketball) and am sure that the wear and tear of all of these years is the cause for the pain.  
My knees crack, grind, pop, and lock constantly - both of them.  One may hurt more than the other any given day - but the bottom line is I am young and I feel like I am 80 years old.
I have been back to many orthopedic doctors numerous times and they always send me to physical therapy, which never does any good.
What type of surgery could fix these 2 knees and has anyone ever had 2 knees operated on at the same time?
ANY advice would be wonderful  :)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Help and Advice with Pain
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 03:52:19 PM »
Hey !!

As you say you have been a very active person for many years and ofcourse this can effect on your knees. Maybe you need to settle down a bite. If you have met several surgeons what have they told you about your knees, I mean they must have given you any diagnose ?
Surgery is not the first solution for kneeproblems.
Please give us more info.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.