Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Cold Compression Therapy  (Read 958 times)

Offline nfyc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Cold Compression Therapy
« on: October 27, 2004, 06:58:31 PM »
During my last knee surgery I got turned on to this new system for cold compression therpy.  With a tensor bandage like "wrap" hooked up to a small pump that is circulating ice cold water through it,the results were outstanding.   Fill it with water and 3 trays of ice cubes, wrap the tensor around your knee and hook up the tubes and you are icing your knee for the next 40 min.  No mess at all and with the compression on the joint the swelling was reduced.  I used the unit right from day one up to 6 weeks post op and recommend it to anyone.  The unit also heats for any muscle stiffness duiring active rehab.  It is so new it hasn't hit the shelves yet, I had serial number 500 of the porduction line.  Contact me if you would like some information.  [email protected]

Norm

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Cold Compression Therapy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 10:23:23 PM »
Hey !!

Thanks for sharing this info of great stuff.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Cold Compression Therapy
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 06:22:46 AM »
Sounds like a cryocuff(aircast) or a polar care(breg)! I have both and love them!!
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

support