Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Advancement in Cold Compression Therapy  (Read 2402 times)

Offline nfyc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Advancement in Cold Compression Therapy
« on: October 27, 2004, 01:58:41 AM »
During my last knee surgery I got turned on to this new system for cold compression therpy.  With a tensor bandage like "wrap" hooked up to a small pump that is circulating ice cold water through it,the results were outstanding.   Fill it with water and 3 trays of ice cubes, wrap the tensor around your knee and hook up the tubes and you are icing your knee for the next 40 min.  No mess at all and with the compression on the joint the swelling was reduced.  I used the unit right from day one up to 6 weeks post op and recommend it to anyone.  The unit also heats for any muscle stiffness duiring active rehab.  It is so new it hasn't hit the shelves yet, I had serial number 500 of the porduction line.  Contact me if you would like some information.  [email protected]

Norm

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: Advancement in Cold Compression Therapy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 05:17:31 AM »
What company manufactuers it?
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline nfyc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 06:31:28 PM »
The company is called Vital Wear Inc.  an the product is called the Vital Wrap System.  Far superior than the others that have surfaced on the market.

Offline sjugradgirl

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • My KneePhoto Diary
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 10:45:58 PM »
I have one too. I just got arthroscopy and chondroplasty and I have one just like the one that the first person described. This is called a Cyro/Cuff. It is great. I love it. I reduced the swelling and numbed my pain. I would recommend it to anyone!
95-Reallignment,
99-patellar tendon repair  LR,04-arthroscopy,chondroplasty,meniscal repair
preparing for arthroscopy, TTT, scar clean up, soft tissue repair Jan 24

support