Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Completely Confused  (Read 898 times)

Offline Wokenboke08

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Completely Confused
« on: October 26, 2004, 07:29:02 AM »
i have a question. i recently injured my knee in a football game a couple of weeks ago. It popped and i was in pain for about a week. i can straighten my knee out now pretty much and i have no pain when walking or running (lol ive tested it). when i got my MRI i found out that i have a complete tear of my ACL!! i have no instability and the doctor cant believe its torn. he even said i could return to practice with tape and a brace.... this is really wierd .. any one else had this experience?? i mean it didnt even swell up! just a little bruising but that was from a 3rd degree MCL pain. ANy comments would be appreciated

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Completely Confused
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 08:39:56 PM »
Hey !!

I have no experience in this area, but have some thoughts. Can it be so that you are so well built regarding muscles around your joint and there for still have stability ? Don't always have to give severe pain a knee damage. I know some people who even don't know that they have damaged their knees, though they have had big injuries. I think this is like everything else that we all are different.
Good luck to you !!

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline CelticNagel

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Completely Confused
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 08:50:19 PM »
I have a partial tear of my ACL and that did swell up and I had alot of pain.  However, I have been told that a full tear has a lot less visible damage, less swelling and less pain.  If you go to Bob's Kneeboard online you can find tons of information about ACL tears.  
2002 partial menisectomy R (2x),2003 partial menisectomy R,2004 partial menisectomy L (2x),tibial fractures, tibial plateau fractures,HTO (L) 10/27/04;HTO (R) TBD