Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bone tunnel placement for ACL  (Read 860 times)

Offline biscuit69

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
bone tunnel placement for ACL
« on: October 25, 2004, 10:34:24 PM »
HI, I have had 6 ops on my left knee.The 2nd of which was an ACL reconstruction after which i was left with a violent grating sound in my knee.I went back to the surgeon who suggested a lateral release and shaved the back of my patella.This was unsuccesful and my knee still made the most vile sound i have heard when i straightened it.The surgeon then removed the original repair and the noise went.I was advised to get a 2nd opinion on the surgery i had recieved and i went to another surgeon who after studying all the xrays etc...
said that the bone tunnels on the repair were really badly positioned and that the previous surgeon had left a screw proud of the bone which when i straightened my leg rubbed on the patella.Does anyone know where these bone tunnels should be placed as this surgeon i think has really messed up my knee.I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone can give to find out who is right and who is wrong here.Thanks for reading my post.
                  biscuit69

Offline AndrewC

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • User's Text
Re: bone tunnel placement for ACL
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 01:47:05 AM »
Hi there

Take a look at this article link....its an excellent article but very technical as it is essentially the full procedure for an ACL recon!!
The relevant bit for you is to either search the page for the text "tunnel" or scroll down until you see the relevant pics about tunnel placement.
It should answer your queries

http://www.maitrise-orthop.com/corpusmaitri/orthopaedic/95/plaweski/plaweskius.shtml

All the best
Big bucket handle tear to lateral meniscus from sporting injury. Arthroscopy and meniscal repair carried out June 2004. sloooowwww recovery!!

2018 - torn medial meniscus in RH knee, partial extrusion. ongoing issues,

Offline biscuit69

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: bone tunnel placement for ACL
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 12:45:13 PM »
HI, Thanks for the link, as you said it is a very technical site but loaded with all the info you will need . Anyone who is having or has had ACL repair must visit this site it gives you a full insight into what has been done or what is going to be done.By the way my tunnels are nowhere near those shown on this page.This site has really helped and i thank you for pointing me in that direction.  Thanks again Andrew.
                   Best wishes,
                    biscuit69