Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Banged me knee - now pain after exercise  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Kidd

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Banged me knee - now pain after exercise
« on: October 25, 2004, 01:24:23 PM »
Hi guys

Thought I woul dtry and post a message in here before I go and see a costly physio.

I banged my knee really hard on the end of a bolt a few months ago. At first the pain was very bad and throughout the day it became harder to move, so I went to the hospital, they said it was fine and gave me some ice.

Since then everytime I go for a walk I get pain around the area where I banged it, and round the edge of my knee cap whenever I straighten out and move the joint. WHen walking down hills it is noticeable too.

Its getting me down as I am only 24 and love walking.

ANy ideas?

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Banged me knee - now pain after exercise
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:41:19 PM »
Did you bang your knee cap straight on into the bolt?  A blunt force like banging the knee can cause damage to the cartilage under the kneecap.  when this cartilage gets softened by constant over use or a blunt force it can cause alot of pain.  Your best bet is probably to go see a physio therapist. They should know what to do with you. ;)  If you wanted to read up and see if it sounds like what's happened to you, you should look up Chondromalacia, and see if it sounds similar.
I hope that helped some
Hugs
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Kidd

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Banged me knee - now pain after exercise
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 03:45:57 PM »
Hi Linds

Yes, I banged my knee cap straight onto the bolt.

If I rest the pain goes away but after exercise it comes back, I banged it along time ago now, but it has never been right since the bang.

I also have problems with the foot on the same leg which I about to see a podiatrist about.

I would give my left leg for a new left leg

support