Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help needed!!  (Read 851 times)

Offline sar1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Help needed!!
« on: October 24, 2004, 11:37:11 PM »
Hi,I 'm new to knee guru and i'm wondering if anyone else out there has any advice on my knee, as it is a complete mystery.
It started over a year ago I damaged by knee during a work out video. Painful but fine for about a week then suddenly I couldn't weightbear, this went on for months whilst they went through the all the tedious tests. It was so painful I couldn't even sleep properly, anyway a bone scan, mri and endless amounts of physio later little improvement. I've had a steriod injection which did help but still i have daily problems with any period of walking/driving/standing plus still taking a lot of painkillers.
Currently paying for a private physio who has strapped my knee with tape, moving the patella, which has helped a lot but still it goes red and hot sometimes and you can feel and crunching/spasaming around the patella when I've done too much. I also can't bend my knee for any period without setting it off.
All scans have showed nothing and I am currently waiting to be transfered for a second opinion (been waiting 4 months already) Has anyone paid to go privateley, was it worth it ? I'm thinking the only thing left is an arthroscopy as I think it maybe a patella tracking problem

I would appreciate anyones ideas as I'm almost out     ???

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Help needed!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:45:17 PM »
I have no opinion on the going private thing as I live in Canada and there is no such thing. ::)  Anyhow, I would really try to get a second opinion as what you have describes does sound like a tracking problem with the patella... but could be any number of things really.

I hope that helped...i'm not sure it did, welcome to kneegeeks, I wish you didn't need to be here, but i'm glad you found this place..because you need it!!!
hugs
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline sar1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Help needed!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 03:56:36 PM »
Hi Linds,

Thanks for your help, it's just so frustrating keeping on having to wait!

It's good to know I'm not the only one out there going through this.

Will keep pushing for this appointment

Sar
x