Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I am confused!  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Little_Miss_PMT

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
I am confused!
« on: October 23, 2004, 05:54:28 PM »
Hiya guys
I'm 33 and not sure if I have RA.

Here goes, long story.............
Since I was really small (8 or 9ish) I've suffered from aching knees, doctor gave me some liquid stuff and said growing pains.

I have always suffered from aching joints and stiffness first thing in the morning, constantly walking with a limp since then, but I don't get swelling or redness.

Its worse in the summer, or if the weather is changing, i.e I was laughed at because it had been sunny for weeks and I told people the weather was going to change, quite dramatically, I had pains in my wrists, knees, hips and ankles.........sure enough, weather went cold and rained for days.

I would go to the doctors and get told all the time, don't be stupid, you're too young for RA, I suffered in silence for years, feeling like a hypocondriac, only been to see doctor about 4 times in my life about RA.
Got diagnosed a while ago, when I lived by a seaside and couldn't walk, was like a little old lady, I was only 25.
Doctor took bloodtest (had to fight for it, explain there is RA and gout in the family) came back negative, told me its early stages,  no help or support, never gone back to doctors about it.
I still suffer, regular aching joints, carpel tunnel syndrome and have times when I have a severe attack.

I ride a motorcycle, odd you might say, but I go from door to door, catch a bus, 20 mins walk to stop and 10 mins walk to work after standing for 30 min journey.

I went out for a ride with the bike club, got 20 mile down the road, turned back, so done a 40 mile round trip, I was off work for a week, I couldn't even get out of bed.

The only problem is, if I'm sick I get SSP, which is peanuts, so I have to go to work in pain and suffer, I can't afford not to get paid.

Any advice, is there help out there or do I have to still suffer, as I am not a recognised RA and feel ashamed to go back to the doctor, isn't very sympathetic :-[ :'(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 05:56:47 PM by Little_Miss_PMT »
Still on my motorbike :-)

Offline makeba2005

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: I am confused!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:15:09 PM »
Hello,

My heart goes out to you.  I too am 33 with a new diag of OA and RA.  Don't give up until you get someone to listen to you.  No one knows your aches and pains but you and you have to keep telling it until you get an answer.  If it is at all possible go to another city to see a doctor.  It took me quite some time to get someone to listen to me and not only am I getting the help but I was also referred to this site.

Stay strong and know that you are not alone.  I have been on this site for two days and there are so many people that are going through the same as you and I.  So keep your HEAD UP and think possitive even on those cloudy days. :D
KEEP IN TOUCH

Makeba
MaKeBa8)

support