Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I HAVE LOTS OF LUCK!!  (Read 816 times)

Offline BROKENrKNEECAP+ACL

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
I HAVE LOTS OF LUCK!!
« on: October 22, 2004, 02:45:58 AM »
ALL BAD! I recently had my right ACL reconstructed with my petulla, and reconstruction on my right MCL plus miniscuss.  Today I broke my knee cap slipping on the last two steps of my apoartment building and landing with full weight on my right leg!  I had just started running again, and it has almost been 10 weeks.  How long does a knee cap take to heal?  I am in good shape, and tore my ACL/MCL playing basketball. 6'4 235 so I am not light on my feet.   Should I worry about causing mor damage?  fracture occured in the area that the doctor removed for the bone graph with my petulla tendon.  So of course the crack occrued at weakest point of the bone. I can still walk with littlke pain, is this ok? Any other voice in this matter would be much appreciated! -Tom.

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 13
    • Check out my photography!
Re: I HAVE LOTS OF LUCK!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 03:05:13 AM »
You'll really have to talk to your orthopedic surgeon regarding all this.  Some fractures need surgery to heal, others are fine with just immobilization.  Most people are put on crutches, but again the surgeon is the one who determines the protocol.

You may want to go down to the section called 'Bone breaks around the knee' to talk with other patella fracture patients.  It does seem to be a longer recovery, but your surgeon should be able to give you a ballpark figure on how long before you feel like your old self again.

I'd say good luck, but...well, good luck, anyway.  You do seem to be having a bad patch.  But it's really not that uncommon to fall after knee surgery!  I wiped out on crutches three days post-op from a procedure on my left knee and damaged my right one!!  So far the right hasn't had surgery, but it's getting there...not gonna happen, though!

Anyway, take care and BE CAREFUL.  I know, it's a bit late now, right?

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

support