Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Student in need for info about arthrofibrosis  (Read 1010 times)

Offline amnsmit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Student in need for info about arthrofibrosis
« on: October 22, 2004, 12:13:22 AM »
Hi there,
I am a fourth year PT student and am doing research on arthrofibrosis. I need some information about the PT that is done when arthrofibrosis has been diagnosed. Is there anyone out there who was treated with only PT alone? Is arthrofibrosis something that has to be treated with surgery? I hope some of you can help me. I am doing my studies in the netherlands and appartly the PTs here are not aware of arthrofibrosis. Some of them don't even know what it is.

Hope you can help. :)

Thanx,
Annemarie

PS: does anyone know of any books that deal with arthrofibrosis?

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: Student in need for info about arthrofibrosis
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 06:00:55 PM »
Try posting your question on the rehabedge forum.  It is for PT's and other rehab professionals.

http://www.rehabedge.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi

On this forum you'll get more of the patient's approach, while at rehab edge you'll get decent research and the professional approach.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline AndrewC

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 08:21:05 PM »
You could also post it on the "scar tissue" section of this site.....(about two columns down from the "general section" on the main Bulletin Board menu for this site) there is a world of info on the subject there and also a lot of people who have it....

Good Luck
Big bucket handle tear to lateral meniscus from sporting injury. Arthroscopy and meniscal repair carried out June 2004. sloooowwww recovery!!

2018 - torn medial meniscus in RH knee, partial extrusion. ongoing issues,

Offline amnsmit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 11:29:41 PM »
Hi,

I just want to thank you for giving me some advice.

Thanks,
annemarie :) ;) ;D