Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Apparent recovery after fall..then few weeks later  (Read 755 times)

Offline elitest

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Apparent recovery after fall..then few weeks later
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:16:55 PM »
I had a fall in the gym Sept 9th both knees and elbow, very bruised and knee went wonderful colours, doc says just rest it, after a week bruising all gone felt ok had returned to run ning etc no probs, then 10 days ago was very busy one staurday and also kicked heavyish ball for the dog, next day leg up like a balloon round knee and very stiff and painful, seen physio she thinks poss meniscal tear, main prob is recurrent swelling and pain round back and unable to aquat right doen, going to see orthapapedic sugeon soon to get it x rayed etc ...but missing training DREADFULLY!!! what exercise etc can I be doing to keep myself as fit as is piss in the circs ? I am feeling very low and feel as though body is dissolving into flab faster faster....aaargh!
Its just right knee...." just"

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Apparent recovery after fall..then few weeks l
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 02:34:43 AM »
If I were you I'd only do weights with upper body. If you can tolerate it, the exercise bike, with the seat set so your leg is at full extension when seated, is about the only cardio I'd suggest, unless your knee will tolerate swimming laps.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.