Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Almost one year post bilateral TKR  (Read 856 times)

Offline Barrysfine

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Almost one year post bilateral TKR
« on: October 12, 2004, 02:19:57 AM »
 :-[
Although I manage to get through the day I have pain in my right knee almost immediately after getting out of bed in the morning and continue to feel very sore all day.  Right knee "clicks" upon almost any movement of the leg and the "clicking" is uncomfortable. Rest and/or ice  bring almost immediate relief.  Left knee gets sore but not as frequently or as badly.  Surgeon says I'm impatient and have to give it more time.  Surgery was November 20, 2003.  
Any ideas on anything I should be doing??

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Almost one year post bilateral TKR
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 02:38:17 AM »
I hope you're keeping up with the rehab protocol to keep the knee muscles strong. Weak muscles can make pain worse.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Barrysfine

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 03:20:29 AM »
Thanks for the input.  My surgeon has suggested I "overdid" the PT in the first months after the surgery.  I've been torn between wanting to build the muscles and his concerns that my tendency is to over do it.  
Recently I've been babying the knees.  I'll be  going back to PT tomorrow.  I'll go slow, but I'll go.  Thanks.

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 05:10:53 AM »
stationary bike would probably be a good thing to do, keep the knee working and not do too much. I like the recumbent kind of bike, less stress on my knee - OEM (original equipment) knee, but damaged.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

support