Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Cortisone Injection  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Mustang29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Cortisone Injection
« on: November 10, 2002, 08:31:50 PM »
Hello...

I recently had an MRI which was diagnosed as a bone contusion and a sprain.  My OS gave me a cortisone injection which has decreased the general achy feeling, but has not helped the sharp pains at the front of my knee (btw, I have previously torn my ACL and MCL; and had another scope for debridement a few years ago).  Any idea if this is the full benefit from the injection?  I have a feeling that there's much more to this than originally believed.

Thanks for the feedback.

Offline tazmanian_devil

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • I guess you can't teach an old quad new tricks
Re: Cortisone Injection
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 11:33:23 PM »
I'm not a doctor but here is what I think. The cortisone shot is given to help with inflamation and swelling but it cannot help your contusion and sprain, BTW as far as I understand it a sprain is a stretching and/or tearing of your muscle or ligament so that is probibly the pain you are describing. Call your Doctor and ask them OK. Theresa. PS how long has this been going on? You may need to give yourself time to heal.
L ACL Recon. L lat. meniscus tear 1991, R Dislocated 1996, R ACL partial tear, MCL tear 08/01, R Chondroplasty 2/14/02, R Lateral Release-Medial Reefing-Chondroplasty 12/3/02.