Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: fracture graoth plate  (Read 1124 times)

Offline CMiller

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
fracture graoth plate
« on: October 09, 2004, 12:07:15 AM »
My 8 yr old daughter had a fracture of her growth plate and was casted for 4weeks.  The cast came off in June.  Lately she is having pain in her knee......  cheerleading practice is in full swing.  Is this normal?

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: fracture graoth plate
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 01:58:18 AM »
Could you provide some more info?  Where exacty was the fracture, did she recieve any additional treatment after cast removal?
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline My Sister Sam

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: fracture growth plate
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:05:52 PM »
Hi,

I sustained a growth plate injury to my right distal femoral epiphysis more than 30 years ago. Mine was called a Salter IV fracture, and required a number of additional surgical procedures to correct ensuing deformities. However, not every growth plate injury turns out to be this severe. You should be in touch with your orthopedic doc to talk this over.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 11:24:48 PM by My Sister Sam »
'70 Auto accident - Salter Harris IV fracture distal femoral epiphysis - R knee
'71 R - Bony Bar Resection femoral epiphysis
'78 L - Epiphysiodesis
'79 R - Distal Femoral Osteotomy/LR
'04 R - TTT/Medial Reefing 
'05 R - Trochleoplasty/Medial Reefing/TTT
'05 R - AIR/LOA
'07 R - TKA

Offline CMiller

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: fracture growth plate
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 12:17:12 AM »
Sorry I guess I wasn't specific .....  I was just excited to find this web site.  Anyway she had a slight fracture to the growth plate in her knee.  (the outside of the knee) She did have some PT.  The pain she is haveing now is on her "inner" part of the knee.  We do have an appointment to see her ortho.  but am just looking for any info to help support me.  Thanks!

support