Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Tell me about your physio experience  (Read 973 times)

Offline crutch36

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Now: NO crutch; Only LITTLE bit of a Limp.
Tell me about your physio experience
« on: October 08, 2004, 12:40:30 AM »
I get my first one tomorrow after getting arthroscopic surgery Oct.1.  So what went on the first time with you?
I'm so excited for someone to tell me what I can do to get better.  
BTW I stopped using my crutches yesterday and walk with barley a limp today.  I constantly ice though.  Love the ice.
Michele
Michele (36)
British Columbia, Canada
Meniscus surgery: Oct.1/04

Offline Belinda

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: Tell me about your physio experience
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 09:15:12 AM »
Great news about you ditching the crutches!  :)

When I first went to physio, he kinda just massaged it and asked where it hurt, then I did some stretches, and was hooked up to this wierd machine that sends electricity through your body ( Feels like really bad pins and needles) Then I had ice packs on for about 10 mins, and then he strapped my knees. It'll probably be different for you as you had surgery, and have a different problem to me. But its gives you a rough idea :)

Offline wimple

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 07:51:13 PM »
Hi, the first time is normally going through what you had done, watching you walk etc, checking how it moves, and going through the exercises they would like you to do, as you're normally given certain exercises depending on what muscles need building up again and some kind of leaflet or sheet with the exercises on so that you can do them at home.  Also, this is a good chance to find out what he did in the surgery as the PT can talk you through it, I had no idea what was done after my athroscopy and the physio I got explained in a lot of detail with a model of the knee as well! Best of Luck
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 07:54:46 PM by wimple »

Offline crutch36

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Now: NO crutch; Only LITTLE bit of a Limp.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 08:02:57 PM »
oh good, I can't wait to find out what they did to me.  I hope it was something!  Don't want all this pain for nothin'.  ;)  I'm hoping to be able to go for a bike ride on the stationary bike today.   :D  That would be awsome.  Haven't exercised for a week.  >:(  I'm grumpy. :P

Thanks
Michele :-*
Michele (36)
British Columbia, Canada
Meniscus surgery: Oct.1/04