Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Is my ACL OK?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Ming

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Is my ACL OK?
« on: October 07, 2004, 01:54:38 AM »
I have all ACL symptoms in both of my knees, including not be able to make cutting, no jumping, no even running recently. Instead of happened suddenly, it's from my basketball and soccer games for over 10 years. But the MRI report says my ACLs are normal. Two month ago, I got a arthroscopy for my right knee, also an ACL picture from inside. Could anybody tell me it is normal  or not? Any help will be appreciated. I really want to get back to my game. Thanks alot. -- Ming
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 01:55:47 AM by msujob »

Offline smelton5

• Regular Poster
Re: Is my ACL OK?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 04:43:43 AM »
My boyfriend recently had ACL reconstruction and the OS took pictures and explained them to me.  It looks tight and intact which is a really good sign.  Most people have ACL injuries occur when there is trauma or an injury to the knee (you should be able to pinpoint when you hurt it).  Usually people completely stretch them out or tear them completely.  I know that you can damage your meniscus from overuse and playing sports a lot.  Did the OS look at that?  Other than that I am not really sure what to look for in an ACL.  Maybe Dr. G can help you?  Good luck with your knees!
bilateral dislocating kneecaps, since 6 yrs. old, shallow grooves and lateral tracking patellas,  PT not helping L knee, VMO advancement L knee scheduled 1/10/05

Offline Ming

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: Is my ACL OK?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 09:00:54 AM »
Thank you Smelton5 for your input. The OS said it looks OK. But I did some research on that, and found that my ACL is much more like an torn one that a normal one, beside, my symptoms match all torn ACL symptoms . That's why I began to doubt that what the OS told me is not true. You can take a look the normal and abnormal ACL in http://www.emedx.com/emedx/diagnosis_information/knee_disorders/acl_arthroscopic_pictures_normal_and_torn.htm
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 09:02:51 AM by msujob »