Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Possible ligament injury?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Belinda

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Possible ligament injury?
« on: October 07, 2004, 06:16:49 AM »
Last night while making my way towards my bed, My left knee gave way (..again) causing me to fall into the edge of my desk (outside of knee hit it but inside hurts????) and then falling to the ground landing awkwardly  on my right knee...I heard a really loud pop, and as I got up I heard the same pop to my right knee, they are both swollen and very sore, sharp pain on the inside of left knee, pain on outside of right .. Still waiting upon appointment at hospital next wednesday, dont know wether to go to doctors or not?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 09:31:02 AM by Belinda »

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Uh oh...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 07:00:18 AM »
Sorry to hear that you fell. If the pain is such that over the counter stuff doesnt help, you can see your gp in the meantime to get some better pain meds for the short term, until they figure out what you did. I'd wonder about meniscal tears, as they're so easy to do. Joint line pain can be a meniscal tear symptom and or a colateral ligament issue.

You really need to be evaluated by an OS, meantime get your gp to help with pain control.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Belinda

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Uh oh...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 07:31:46 AM »
Ok, im off to the doctors today...Mum wants an ultra-sound done.. Is that going to show what it is? I did a bit of research and Im thinking it could be a MCL, or ACL injury?

support