Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2 weeks Post Op ACL recon with meniscus repair  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Felixtax

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • surgery on sept 21 acl reconstruction/ meniscus
2 weeks Post Op ACL recon with meniscus repair
« on: October 06, 2004, 05:17:29 PM »
It's been 2 weeks since my ACL reconsruction with cadever graft and medial meniscus repair. I'm interested to know how long other people have been on crutches, been able to drive and different stages of physical therapy. How long do people usually use their brace. Right now I'm doing leg lifts and strengthing exercises and limiting my motion to 90 degrees.

It would be of great help to hear other people progress with the ACL/meniscus repair.   Thanks

Offline chaddy

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: 2 weeks Post Op ACL recon with meniscus repair
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 09:09:18 PM »
Hi there,

I had miniscus removed either side of my knee and ACL recon with hamstring graft. I found the first 2 weeks very difficult and frustrating, I had suspected DVT in my calve and not being mobile was killing me. The swelling seemed like it would not go regardless of the amount of ice I was using.

However, I am now 7-weeks post op and the knee feels fantastic. I have worked really hard with the rehab and havent missed a physio class yet!

I started driving around 4 weeks post op without a problem. I am now 140 degrees rom and have started riding my bike for approx 20 mins aswell as 20 lengths swimming front crawl. I dont seem to have lost much muscle mass in my injured leg and I feel no pain at all.

I know its early days but it just shows that if you put effort in you will reap the benefits. Im gonna continue to work hard but not over do it.

Best of luck!!!
24yrs old, injured in April 2004 playing football.

Had recon surgery on Tues 17th Aug 2004.

Offline Felixtax

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 12:10:39 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply! It's been frustrating for me so far. The fact that the meniscus was done along with the ACL really seems to slow done the recovery. I'm glad that your doing so well now and I'm hopeful to do the same. I'm diligent with my workouts and will continue to do so. Thanks again.

Offline chaddy

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 06:01:11 PM »
You will be fine Im sure.

Keep us updated on your progress!!

Cheers
24yrs old, injured in April 2004 playing football.

Had recon surgery on Tues 17th Aug 2004.

Offline Felixtax

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 07:10:32 PM »
Thanks again, Lets keep each other updated!