Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PAIN IN BACK OF LEG, BEHIND KNEE  (Read 1216 times)

Offline FRANKROMANO

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
PAIN IN BACK OF LEG, BEHIND KNEE
« on: October 05, 2004, 04:38:56 PM »
i have some awful pain in what feels like a ligament or tendon in the back of my leg. if you were to do a "180" degree from the kneecap to the back of the leg (even with kneecap), that is where the pain is. i have taken off two weeks but still have it. anyone have this or know what it is?

Offline Mickey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: PAIN IN BACK OF LEG, BEHIND KNEE
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 08:34:31 AM »
Hi,

The pain you are describing could be that of a 'bakers cyst' or it could possibly be a 'meniscal cyst' . Keep in m ind however, I am not a medical professional in the least. I have a meniscal cyst but the pain sometimes seems right behind my knee, but most of the time its a little closer to the side. I do have pain down into my leg sometimes. I think yours sounds more like a 'bakers cyst'

Good Luck!

Offline msiebert

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 09:26:24 PM »
Yes I've got that too, and that's why I'm here. If I massage 'inside my kneehole' as I will continue to call it, the stiffness goes for a while and I can straighten my leg without pain. But it soon gets stiff again. There's no pain associated with putting pressure on the knee itself, it's just the act of bending and straightening the bloody thing. I don't know what I did to cause this - I haven't had an injury that I'm aware of, just regular excercise (squash, tennis, cycling) and possibly the wrong shoes. Does this sound familiar?

Offline californianative

• Regular Poster
  • Lisa....a California Native
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 12:49:10 AM »
As for me, I don't have a cyst of any kind, but lots of pain behind my knee. I do have a badly aligned knee cap and all I hear is pain anywhere in the leg can be from my knee cap wearing wrong. I feel mine most when I have my leg straight and am standing, if I go even a tad bit back, I sure feel it.
Lisa...a California Native
2003 Scope on RT knee, patella shaving
2004 Scope on RT knee, patella shaving, lateral release, meniscus repair, resurfacing of the bones.

support