Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Brooke

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Question
« on: October 04, 2004, 06:39:54 AM »
Hey everone,

Its been a long time since I've posted!! I've been so busy working and going to school that I have had NO time to go on the computer.. Anyway, I had my LR 6 months ago but I still have some pain, especially on rainy days and when i;ve been sitting or standing for a long period of time.. Any advice.. I've just been taking Advil.. Thnaks
Brooke
25 Years Old
Lateral Release, Left Knee on 4/12/04
Lateral Release, Right Knee on 1/6/06

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 05:59:18 PM »
Brooke,

Are you still doing your exercises?  Stretching?  The reason I ask is because it is important you still do them.  Any time you have surgery on any joint, your chances for arthritis increase, so it may be possible that you have a little bit of arthritis in your knee.  Or, your lateral release may not have corrected your knee- you might want to make an appointment with your doctor to check up on it.  As for sitting for long periods of time (with your knee bent) it is normal for it to ache.  Get up, stretch, and walk around a bit.  Do you have swelling?  Also, make sure you ice it after doing any strenuous activity.  Many hugs!

Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

Offline Brooke

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 02:51:32 AM »
Chris,

Thanks for replying.. i am still doing all of my exercises and I'm working out to build even more strenght but i haven;t been icing after my workouts 9all the time) On good days I don't.. Maybe i should ice ALL the time.. As for arthritis, is there any way to prevent it.. Thanks
Brooke
25 Years Old
Lateral Release, Left Knee on 4/12/04
Lateral Release, Right Knee on 1/6/06

Offline par2003

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 12:50:09 PM »
This is my first time on here, so I don't know where or how to post  a question so I hope this works.  My fiance is 38 years old and own's a painting company and he is kneeling alot.  Just within the past month he has aquired fluid on the top of his kneecap. The fluid has popped once and the swelling went down, well when the fluid went away we felt a hard small piece of something on the top of his knee cap.  Then he did something to it again and now the fluid is back.  He went to the doctor and they took x-rays and told him that they don't see anything wrong except for the fluid that he has on the top of his kneecap.  My fiance says that when the fluid builds up in his knee, his knee feels numb.  It is hurting badly.  We have tried ice and heat and elevation. None of them have helped.  What can we do?  What should we do?  Do you have an idea of what it could be?  I thought maybe it would be Prepatellar bursitis, but I'm not sure.  Please give me some advice.  We would appriciate it more than you know.  
                              Thank You for your time.