Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Elbow tendonitis help !!!!!  (Read 1747 times)

Offline solidman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Elbow tendonitis help !!!!!
« on: November 09, 2002, 03:20:11 AM »
helo People,

I hope  all of you are doing fine.

I am suffering from elbow tendonitis for last 8 months. I got it while wrestling and since then it has has not healed completely but it got a little better slowly with time.

For past 8 months, i was still doing a light workout which sometime aggravated the injury , so last week i stopped everyhting and these days i am just siiting at home. I have had 2 xrays, i have had 3 shots of cotrisone, lately i had an mri out of which tendonitis was detected.

I am an amateur wrestler and i have a dream of reaching greater heights, i just would like to know what should i do. Go for surgery, or wait for some more time.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
raghav

« Last Edit: November 09, 2002, 03:21:24 AM by solidman »

Offline p_latto

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: Elbow tendonitis help !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 12:15:33 AM »
Hey man I am a serious workout finatic and also suffer from tendinitious in my elbow.  Since there are so many diffrent types of tendons in the elbow its sometimes hard to tell which tendon is irritated. My problem occurs when I try to throw a ball or arm wrestle so I avoid those type of movements.  Anyway The best remedy I have found is to stay on Ibuprofen for a few weeks.  Sometimes I even soak the joint in ice water.  Good luck bro.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Elbow tendonitis help !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 04:51:50 AM »
hi I am a horse back rider and a coach and stable manager. I too suffer from tendonitis in my elbows. Mine is chronic and they say is caused by carrying heavy 8 gallon water pales and riding horses like mine that pull on your arms. ;D Anyhow..I had cortisone and that helped me a whole lot, but other than that..I find that putting heat on them morning and night really helped me. It does help to avoid the irritating activitiy but I know in my job..that's impossible. HOpe that helped.
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline amazonia

• Regular Poster
  • hello from Vancouver, Canada!
elbow tendonitis
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 11:28:17 PM »
I also had chronic elbow tenonitis a couple of years ago, and tried every type of remedy you can imagine....acupuncture, prescription anti-inflamitories, cotisone shots, physio-therapy, laser, etc etc.  What finally worked is something called 'shock wave therapy'.  It was new in Canada a couple of years ago, and I paid $1,000 for 5 treatments, as it wasn't covered under medical.  However, the success rate is high, and I have to say that I've had very few problems since then.  It's a device that was originally devised to break up kidney stones, and somehow they discovered that it worked on heel spurs and tendonitis.  It's a big cone-like machine that concentrates shock waves into the painful area, and people typically need between 3 - 5 sessions.  
Look up this sight for info:
www.sportsmed.org/Media/AJSM/May%202002.htm
or just do a search on shock wave therapy.

This is a good option before considering surgery, and I'm sure they have it in California, although you may need to go to a sportsmed clinic to find someone who knows about it.
Jan. '02 - complete tears of the ACL/PCL and PLC - emergency surgery to repair them;  high tibial osteotomy Dec 5 '02; May 22nd 2003 reconstructive PCL (allograft) and PLC (hamstring tendon).  No ACL reconstruction as I retore it 3 weeks prior to surgery.  No ACL/ loose knee but little pain!

support