Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sports  (Read 48512 times)

Offline Quinkin

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 3
    • Turramulli the Giant Quinkin
Re: Sports
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 04:58:00 AM »
Running, touch football.

Bushwalking and landscape photography are favourite hobbys. My knee has curtailed these activities for about 12 months.
To wish impossible things

The Cure

Offline ibreakhearts66

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 07:38:04 AM »
sports are my liiiife. i don't do too many of them, but i strive to reach really really high levels in the sports i DO participate in.

soccer-like 11 years. i play year round for my high school and a club team. my club team actually went to Spain to train with professional women's teams (and we are based out of Los Angeles, so it was a biiiig trip)

figure skating-like 4. my goal for this year was to do well at regionals, but seeing as i haven't skated for 6 months, that didn't really work out.

running- track and field at my hs. i like the 400 best (i can get under a minute when i'm fit!)

and then for fun--volleyball, swimming, basketball
16 years old

8-03 unhappy triad LK, undiagnosed by an idiot of an OS so now i wear a donjoy
PFS for the lasat 7 years or so
10-06 Cortizone shot LK
11-06 Scope for torn meniscus RK
3-07 right ankle recon

brianne

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 03:14:02 AM »
In High School I participated in cross country, track, and swimming.  I did two seasons of track and two of cross country.  After my first season of swimming my junior year I blew out my ankle in practice.  (It is actually possible to blow out an ankle swimming.  I was diving off of the blocks and my foot totally slipped and I tried to recatch my balence and slammed the side of my foor into the starting block.  It hurt but not too bad so I kept swimming for three days.  On the fourth day it was killing me and swollen and bruised.  I got in to warm up anyway because it was our big meet and I was on the big relay and I had worked so hard all season for it.  I did one flip turn and it felt like someone had torn my foot off of my leg.)  My High School athletic career was over after that although I did do track my senior year, but I was no where near the shape I had been in before my ankle injury.  I only did it because I was dying to get back into a sport.  I was also on the High School dance team my freshman year.

I took ballet for three years, tap for three, jazz for three, and toe for one year when I was younger.  I also love to rock climb.

My sports life has been very limited for the past four years when things finally went downhill with my knees.  Once I recover from my TTT's I intend to get back to rock climbing, hiking, and some light running. 

Offline hntndaylight

• Regular Poster
    • Ironheart-Images
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2006, 04:36:03 AM »
I havent done many actvie sports; a season of track and field (shot and discus) in highschool (some 20 odd years ago) and a season of little league football.

I do hunt some, and shoot competitively, did the tournament fishing thing a while. I decided in highschool that I like more and made way more money raising cattle. So thats been 'my thing'.

Now my main hobby besides farming is behind the lense of a camera. My subjects are typically people, alternative models, and art photography. I do a lot of location shoots, old factories, cemetaries, abandoned railroads. Got to get me knee back under me to do it. I had hoped to start fencing classes this past fall, maybe next year........
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:57:02 AM by hntndaylight »
40 years old
R. k. ruptured PCL, MCL, tibial plateau fracture, and  double  meniscus tears in farm accident, Oct 15, 06.

Reattached/repaired scope and open knee surgery Oct 27, 06.

R.K 'clean up'  meniscus, plica, scar tissue, arthritis with scope Dec 28, 2007

Absent ACL found Dec 28, 2007

Offline lescycling

• Regular Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 03:41:35 AM »
Hello,

Cycling for past 34 years ( still race at 46 )

Badminton plyed in 80-90's lot of Turnaments all over the world ( recent comaback costed me ACLr surgery )

X Country sking 10 years

Soccer 15 years

Fly fishing for past 15 years Lov it!

Hiking long time

Tennis 10 years

Ski Alpine 10 years

I plyed very hard in all those sports since 72' but  my Core sport was Bike Racing ( still is ) my knees  are still in great shape. Cyling is so easy on knees as long as you ride in right gears and have correct bike position, it is sport you can do till your 80's

Badminton on ather hand is such a fst sport you have to do so many fast leg movements, it's very easy to step wrong on the court durring the game ant twist your ankle or knee. I have not ply for last 16 years got back in to it, to Fast! and was plying 2-3x week for 2-3 hrs all out and one day at turnament I moved with me left leg wrong , I was up in the air and landing and fast movement made my ACL to ropture.
So now back to the bike trying to recover from surgery.
Best,
Les

November 16th 06' Ropture ACL & Meniscus tear plying badminton turnament.
Nov. 24th MRI scan done.
Jan, 8th 07' ACLr & Meniscus repair using allograft & Ti Pin technique.

Offline Ronxski

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 05:56:44 PM »
Baseball from little league through highschool
Mens slopitch softball for mostly 27 years when not injured
after highschool loved pickup hockey, american football,basketball till the ankles back and knees told me I was done
Mountain biking when I lived in Montana for 3 years. Now doing bike trails for past 10 years
Past 13 years cross country skiing both classical and skate style.
Now the knee is acting up again after my surgery from 2 years ago. Still skiing but with ACE wraps and Mueller knee support till my next Dr. appt.
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »
YAY.. fun topic, can't believe I never saw it until now..

RUnning sports,
Cross Country
Track -1500, 800, 400 m, 4x400
Orienteering.. YES map reading and running

Downhill Skiing started like Sharon when I was only 3 on ity bity skis
Cross Country skiing also started when I was 3

Soccer one season, couldn't stand the ball getting in the way of my running

Equestrian Sports
Dressage, Eventing, Hunter/Jumper, Western as well, Trail Riding

Canoeing and swimming as well.

1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Ronxski

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 06:41:01 PM »
Hey Linney, forgot about the canoeing in the wilderness lakes. Thanks. Also Hiking on the Superior Hiking trail along the Northshore of Lake Superior.

You are the opposite of me for running. I hated to just run. I had to be chasing a ball or a puck or someone carrying a ball to keep me interested.

Your folks must have had fun trying to keep a leash on you as an infant  ;D
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.

Offline bionic skier

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 08:12:42 PM »
Seems like a fairly obvious topic seeing as we are almost all sports related casualties...or were at some point in time.

Here goes:

Alpine Ski Racing (also only sport to be seriously injured in)
Competitive Sailing
Hockey
Golf
Wakeboarding (well we will have to see after latest injury)
Badminton
Tennis
Soccer (in and outdoor)
Mtn. Biking
Swimming

...and my favourite sport of all (at least since I was first injured):  Talking to the young ladies at physio and the gym, chicks who dig scars are awesome!

Hopefully, I am still able to do most of this until I am very old (...especially that last one!  ;D)

Chris
Watch out or the snow snakes might get you!

Jan. 1998 - Thumb, 2 pins...back racing 2 weeks with spint.
Mar. 2001 - Tib/Fib/Femur, 2 rods, 1 plate, 11 screws, 2 skin grafts...recovery 6 months.
Jan. 2007 - ACL tear, meniscus damage?...in physio, back on snow within 3 weeks.

fawn2388

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 04:09:02 AM »
Ski racing (moguls... if I could spell) and gymnastics. I actually orginally injuried my knee by skiing... so much for that ski binding...

Offline mccreamark

• Regular Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »
Cycling ,tennis,table tennis.Suirf fishing.
now drawing .reading and computers very active.
May 2005 right knee PTR surgery
Feb 2006 wire broke 
April 2006 90% recovered
May2006 then left knee PTR
Oct 2006 ROM 35%
Dec 06 tendon ruptured during sugery to increase ROM
Dec 2006  MUA tendon tore back in cast
Feb 2007 ROM 70 degrees
Dec2007 much improved ROM 100 degrees still on crutches

morgan4219

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 04:17:47 AM »
I have played  fastpitch softball for 10 years.  I played basketball for 6. Gymnastics for 2.  And played a lil bit of baseball

Offline ibreakhearts66

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2007, 04:58:31 PM »
added another sport to my resume. one that i always told myself i would never EVER do (because I can be a clutz)
running hurdles!
it is so much fun. it doubles the high of running.
16 years old

8-03 unhappy triad LK, undiagnosed by an idiot of an OS so now i wear a donjoy
PFS for the lasat 7 years or so
10-06 Cortizone shot LK
11-06 Scope for torn meniscus RK
3-07 right ankle recon

Offline sailingskier

• Regular Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
sailing - dinghy & big boat
running
cycling
skiing
hiking

none of which I'm prepared to give up!  Even the one that injured me...well actually it wasn't skiing that injured me...it was falling over  ;D
Sharon

Skiing accident Jan 07
Ruptured ACL & extensive tear of the medial meniscus
Taking a conservative approach before making a decision re' reconstruction

Offline noodles_ht

• Regular Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 10:11:42 PM »
netball
field hokcey
badminton