Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: OATS Knee to Ankle  (Read 69277 times)

Offline ocdpt13

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: OATS Knee to Ankle
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 07:38:27 PM »
H iSteve,
I just saw your posts . I have ocd 8x12mm R talus(had for 1 1/2 yrs) and recommended OATS by DR. Kennnedy NY like you...I have HMO and they don't pay out network...so either I pay out of pocket for his fee or I have to wait and change insurance next year .But I want to hear how was experience with Dr. Kennendt NY...is it worth waiting or paying or i can go in network with Dr. Raikin at Rothman's..please advise and reply.
Thanks
ocdpt13

Offline umtum

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »
Hello,

I'm considering doing oats on my ankle after a failed mfx and denovo but I'm kind of scared... i was wondering how you guys are doing since your oats surgery? were you able to return to running? should i consider this surgery? I would really appreciate your advice thanks!

Ted

Offline Kayenbee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:02 PM »
Hello all,

I just got the bombshell dropped on me last week that I have a huge OCD (1.9cm) in my left anke. The surgeon I saw recommended OATS, and since then, I've been reading about it nonstop. This forum has been very helpful and all of you have been very helpful.  :)

For those of you who have had the surgery, could you tell me how much it cost (before your insurance kicked in)? I saw one estimate of $23,000. I am particularly interested in knowing how much the surgery cost you for those of you who saw Dr. Kennedy. I have an initial consult scheduled with him, and based on the consult price, I am very interested to knowing how much surgery with him might be. I know that the prices will always vary from patient to patient, but hearing what you paid would help me to make an educated decision on this.

Best,
Kelsey