Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anyone out there had MRSA in the bone  (Read 938 times)

Offline Lori-Florida

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Anyone out there had MRSA in the bone
« on: July 17, 2004, 09:33:18 PM »
I am really in need to talk with others that are living with MRSA in there bone. I had my tkr surgery in Jan. 2003 and was removed and left out in May 2003. I went from May until this past April 2004  with my leg immobolized straight out and either in wheel chair or bed. After the new knee went it a week later the knee broke open and I was back into surgery washing it out with antibiotics and the curture came back I had severe MRSA (I am positive this is from the orginal surgery) back in Jan2003 as the treatment I recieved there was not aggressive and complete in my opininion. I am now in the month of June 2004 I have had 5 surgerys just washing the prosthesis out and trying to get the knee to hold together with different types of stitches. I am also on Vancomycin two times a day and merrem 3 times a day by IV . But the most is I can not walk and the pain is so intense.. Can any one give me any incouragement I am starting to hit bottom. I just want to have a normal life again. NOt a shutin cripples life. :'(
Jan. 2003 Total Knee Replacement
May 2003 Knee infected and removed
May2003-April2004 Had no knee could not walk
April 2004 Revision and MRSA 5 more surgerys
July2004 still treating MRSA cant walk

Offline christinaz

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • hindsight is 20/20
Re: Anyone out there had MRSA in the bone
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 09:03:28 AM »
Lori,

If you check your other posts, I left you a few messages because my brother had MRSA and finally beat it after two years.  I wish you luck.

Christina
3 scopes rt knee, acl recon pt graft rt knee,  rev acl recon allograft rt knee,  Hardware removal, lysis of scar tissue, ITBS, sublaxation, sensory peripheral neuropathy, DDD, arthritis, RSD, mystery hardware, flexion contracture, disuse atrophy, muscular wasting, constant fatigue, acl recon lt knee