The WAITING ROOM => GENERAL KNEE QUESTIONS and comments (good for new threads) => Topic started by: kythreas1 on December 31, 2007, 10:31:49 AM

Title: experts on knee issues
Post by: kythreas1 on December 31, 2007, 10:31:49 AM
Specifically what I would like to know from the community out there, and I am sure a lot of knee sufferers would, is a specialist pain or orthopaedic surgeon who can try to come to grips with a painful knee syndrome. I mean my knee has the following problems which may or may not need addressing to resolve the knee pain and effusions of a daily basis:
!)Grade 2-3 patello femoral changes
2)a resection of 1/3 of meniscus
3)slight arthrofibrotic findings around the patella from two previous surgeries 3 years ago
4) A slight 3-4 degree flexion deformity (ie does not fully extend by few degrees

WHICH OF ALL THESE SHOULD I BE ADDRESSING? PROBABLY ALL but who is the all round orthopaedic surgeon who you think may have an in depth knowledge of all
Title: Re: experts on knee issues
Post by: jathib on December 31, 2007, 01:53:05 PM
All orthopedic surgeons should have an in-depth knowledge of all your problems. That's what they do. However, some will take a special interest in knees, shoulders or whatever. Sometimes you can look on a practice's web site and they'll have biographies of their doctors and their special interests.

There's really only so many forms of treatment when it comes to orthopedic issues. There's anti-inflammatories, cortizone injections, physical therapy and surgery.